Tuesday, April 5, 2016

The Best Salsa Around

I have to tell you a secret.

I love salsa. Love it. I put it on everything…chips, tacos, enchiladas, and even on my spoon. Well, I guess that isn't much of a secret. But I could eat salsa all day long!



I have a salsa recipe that is not only super simple…it tastes amazing! I bring it into work every once in awhile, and it has become a favorite. It seems like people can smell it from across the office, and they always come running. 


So here is the recipe. Now I want to give you a heads-up…when I make this, I just kind of guess on how much to use. I don't really have specifics, but I swear you can't mess it up!

What you will need:
  • Can of Corn - drained
  • Can of Black Beans - drained and rinsed (you have to rinse them well…otherwise they have a weird film on them!)
  • One jalapeño - deseeded (unless you like the heat!)
  • Handful of cilantro
  • 6 roma tomatoes
  • 1 small onion
  • Salt & Pepper
1. Chop up the tomatoes, onions, and jalapeño into bite size pieces. I have found that roma tomatoes work best for this recipe.
2. Roughly chop the cilantro and add to the tomatoes and onions.
3. Add the can of corn and can of black beans. Mix up well.
4. I add a little bit of salt and pepper now, but it really doesn't need much.
5. Refrigerate for at least an hour, but it honestly tastes better with time. I like to leave it overnight!
6. Serve with your favorite chips. I love the tomtits organic white corn chips!!

 Linking up with the following lovely ladies for Tuesday Talks!!
 Becky at BYBMG | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
Michelle at Grammie Time | Pinterest | Instagram 



0 comments:

Post a Comment