Monday, January 18, 2016

On the Radio

I was driving to work last week when I tuned into a song on the radio. It was a beautiful song, but I didn't think anything of it. I continued on my day, and I got back into my car just a few hours later to run an errand. Again, the same song was on the radio. I chuckled a little to myself thinking about how the radio stations in my town seem to play the same song over and over again until you are completely sick of it! I went back to my day..busy testing kids, pulling data, and gathering curriculum materials. I jumped into my car at the end of the day, a bit exhausted and ready to crash on the couch when I got home. I turned on the car, and it hit me. The exact same song I had listened to twice already that day.
I sat in the parking lot and pulled up the song on my phone so I could read the lyrics. I figured if I would have to listen to the song three times in one day, I might as well learn it so I can jam out to it {don't judge…you know you rock out in your car too}. 
As I read the words, I got goose-bumps on my arms. Now, I am a pretty emotional person. I cry during previews of movies, so it wasn't a big surprise that I got goose-bumps. But I continued to read the song, and I began to realize there was a reason I heard it each time I got into my car.
God was talking to me. I laugh a little at this because I often think it would be so much easier if we could just pick up the phone and call God to ask His advice. Wouldn't it be great to text Him? {I'm pretty sure God is the type to use emojis!} But I think when we open ourselves up, we realize He does talk to us throughout the day. He just uses His resources wisely.
So I thought I would share this song with you today. Listen to the chorus. Let it sink in that our God is so powerful that He can rise the dead from their graves. He can move mountains just by speaking. He can calm the sea. And yet, we have the audacity to worry. All I can say is don't worry. God's got this.




0 comments:

Post a Comment