Tuesday, December 22, 2015

To my Future Niece

Just last Thursday, we found out that Baby Bass is going to be a girl. This didn't come as a surprise because it seems like our family only has girls! In fact, on my dad's side, of the last 10 cousins only one of them is a boy! We are just blessed with girls, and that is just fine with me!

As I was driving home after the gender reveal party, I was thinking about the differences each aunt and uncle is going to bring to the table.

Ashton will without a doubt be the aunt who does everything with the kids. She has always been a kids' person, and this baby will be lucky to have her! She will be the aunt to take the baby to every event, buy her a million cute outfits, and take countless pictures of her :)

Madison, who will be known as Auntie Mad Dog, will be the silly aunt who without a doubt be the favorite! She will always be the first one to make Baby Bass laugh and without a doubt to be the Aunt she goes to when she wants a good time.

Brekk, my brother-in-law's brother, will be the lone uncle! Brekk will without a doubt be able to use this sweet innocent baby as a girl magnet :) But he will also be a great uncle who will be loving, caring, and probably the one to strap the baby onto his back while he scales a mountain!

I start to think of where I would fit in and what I would bring to the table. The more I thought about it the more I realized that I want to be the aunt who she turns to for advice. I want to be an example and push her towards becoming a better person. I want to be her biggest cheerleader, but most importantly I want her to see me as a Godly example.

As I drove home that night, I started to pray. Pray that I would be filled with wisdom, love, and patience. I prayed that regardless of what this baby accomplishes in life, she will be filled with God's love and goodness. I prayed that if she learns anything from me at all, she will learn that a relationship with God is the most life-changing and important decision she can make. I pray that God will use her in big ways and that she will turn towards Him in all that she does. I pray that she has success, but I also pray that she has struggles and obstacles to overcome. I pray that through those hardships she learns to rely on God and trust in His promises to never leave her or forsake her. I pray that God's love shines through her to all those around her. But most of all, I pray that she loves God with all her heart and seeks him through every moment of her life.


So Baby Bass, while I haven't met you yet, I want you to know, little one, that I love you more than words can explain. I pray for you daily. Know that wherever life takes you, you have three Aunties who will support, love, and cherish you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment