Friday, January 8, 2016

Friday Favorites

I have been inspired by Bri over at School in Our Slippers to link up for my Friday Favorites! This is a fun link where you share some of our favorites from the week.



Favorite Workout … This week I have been working through the 21 Day Fix. My absolute favorite is the Upper Body Fix. In the past, I haven't spent a lot of time training my upper body, but I love feeling burn! I do hate the fact that the next day it is miserable trying to wash my hair :)

Favorite Song … Give me Your Eyes by Brandon Heath. This is a song I just recently discovered through K-Love Radio. My sister introduced me to this radio station, and it is the only station I have been listening to all week! I enjoy the encouraging, positive songs it plays.

Favorite Purchase … Everything for my new house!! I am closing on my first house next week, and I can't wait to move in. I just recently purchased this shower curtain from Target, and I am in love!



Favorite Pin … This is the inspiration for my guest room/office in my new house. The room is smaller so I am going to have a twin bed in their for guests (meaning my two little sisters), and I will also put my desk in there. I am loving the gold and hot pink colors, but I was also thinking of adding in mint green!




Favorite Recipe … This slow cooker chicken is amazing! I made it at the beginning of the week, and I was able to store it in the fridge and use it for all kinds of recipes. I used it on top of my cobb salad. I made it into chicken fajitas by adding taco seasoning. I even make chicken salad with it (celery, crasins, salt, pepper, and some greek yogurt). It has great flavor, and the chicken was so moist! Find the recipe here.




Favorite Quote … I heard Natalie Grant speaking on the radio this morning, and I loved what she had to say. This isn't word for word, but it gets the general idea across!

"If you know Jesus, you have everything you need to make a difference. God isn't looking for perfection, he is looking for someone who is available."


I love the idea that God is willing to use us exactly where we are on this walk. He doesn't expect us to be perfect (because we aren't), but we also can't use our faults as an excuse not to shine for Him.

I hope you enjoyed these Friday Favorites. I might have to make this a weekly post :)

Tell me…what is one of your favorites from this week?

2 comments:

  1. wow that pin! So glad I came across your blog from the link up! I can't wait to follow you on your blogging journey and hope you'll stop by my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, yay! Friday Favorites is fun, isn't it?!? I love that song by Brandon Heath too. You are rocking the 21df workouts. My fave is the upper body too. I never thought I would say that but it's been fun to see my arms take shape. Can't wait to see more posts dealing with your NEW HOUSE... agh, YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete