Saturday, January 9, 2016

Recipe Round-Up

I though I would share with you a few of my favorite recipes. I have been doing the 21 Day Fix, and with that, I have been trying new recipes! I use to think that making "clean" meals was going to be boring and tasteless, but I have found there are so many great seasonings and flavors that can be added to make delicious meals!

My advice to you…Don't be afraid to try something new! There have definitely been some flops, but I have also found a ton of great new meals.

1) Garlic Roasted Broccoli found here. This so full of flavor that you forget how healthy broccoli is! I find that adding garlic is a healthy way to add a punch of flavor!


2) Buffalo Chicken Bowl found here. I am pro-Mexican food. I could eat it all day long. This is a great way to get tons of flavor, and believe me, this will fill you up! Avocados are a great way to add healthy fats. Black beans add protein! Wouldn't this be a great lunch on a busy day at work?!?


3) Chicken Salad found here. This is my go to lunch at work. I usually add low-sugar craisins rather than grapes simply because I don't often have grapes to put in! I love the twist of using the honey mustard dressing rather than just mayo or greek yogurt that is often used.


4) Broccoli Salad found here. Yum!! I love a good broccoli salad, and this one definitely fits the bill! I used turkey bacon instead of bacon. The dressing is probably not the healthiest, but it still is pretty good! You could probably use Greek Yogurt instead of the mayo in the dressing to make it a little more healthy.


5) Crockpot Minestrone Soup found here. I love crockpot meals! Put everything into the bowl in the morning and come home after work to a kitchen that smells wonderful and a meal ready to go!! Soup is great in the crockpot, and I love having leftovers for a few days! This is a great recipe because you can really make it your own. Throw in any veggies you need to use up. I added corn!


6) Breakfast Burrito found here. These are great! Full of flavor, protein, veggies, and a little bit of carbs! Great way to start the day, and we all know breakfast is the most important meal of the day!!


7) Cobb Salad. There really isn't a recipe for this one. I took it for lunch the other day. I kept everything separate until I put it all together at lunch. Full of flavor, healthy fats, proteins, and veggies! I added a hard-boiled egg, 2 strips of turkey bacon, shredded chicken, lettuce, 1/2 an avocado, blue cheese, and shredded carrots. I don't like tomatoes, but you could easily add it!


8) Mustard Herb Crusted Chicken found here. I haven't actually tried this recipe yet, but it is on my to-do list! I think it sounds amazing, and I love finding new ways to make chicken!



Do you have any go-to recipes that you love?! I would love for you to share them below! 



0 comments:

Post a Comment